Injunction Solicitor in Cheshire, Manchester, Altrincham, Lymm, Knutsford & Wilmslow

Type of injunction order

Sometimes it is necessary to apply to the court for immediate protection following a divorce. An injunction is a court order that requires someone to do, or not to do something.

If you are going through a relationship breakdown, and believe you require an injunction, please get in touch today, or call me on 07917 711 887. As an experienced divorce lawyer, I can ensure you receive bespoke care every step of the way.

There are two types of injunctions commonly available:

Non–molestation order

A non – molestation order is aimed at preventing a person from:

  • using or threatening violence
  • making threats, pestering or harassment, for example, sending abusive letters or making repeated calls.

A non-molestation order can be obtained by any “associated” person which includes, but is not limited to, current or former spouses, cohabitees, partners and relatives. A power of arrest is often attached which means that if the person breaches a term of the order, the police can be called and the person will be arrested even without a specific criminal offence having been committed.

Occupation orders

An occupation order regulates who can live in the home and can also restrict a person entering the surrounding area.
Occupation orders are used when a person does not feel safe to continue to live with their partner. The family court also has the power to make orders for the payment of outgoings on the home.

Contact Lindsay Jones Specialist Family Law Solicitor Cheshire, Manchester, Altrincham, Lymm, Knutsford & Wilmslow Today

For expert family law advice on financial arrangements during divorce please complete the online contact form or telephone 0161 710 2030 or 0161 509 6338 out of working hours

COVID-19 Update from Lindsay Jones

During these extraordinary times, I remain open for business and will be happy to help you should you require legal advice. In line with government advice, I will be working from home and can be contacted on 07917 711 887 or

I wish you all the very best. Stay safe and stay well.