Enforcement of Court Orders

Court Order Lawyer Cheshire, Manchester, Altrincham, Lymm, Knutsford & Wilmslow

There are circumstances where you have obtained your final financial order but one party refuses to comply. In these circumstances, enforcement action may be required. The type of action which is taken will be dependent upon the order being enforced.

Some enforcement options include:

  • An Attachment of earnings order where a deduction is taken directly from the defaulting party’s salary. This can be appropriate for spousal maintenance payments.
  • A Charging order where the Court can attach a charge against property, which means that when the property is sold your debt will be paid from the sale proceeds.
  • Third party debt order where if the non-paying party has money in a bank account, the Court can order that the bank pay the money directly to you to repay the amount due.

Contact Lindsay Jones Specialist Financial Settlement Solicitor Altrincham, Lymm, Knutsford & Wilmslow

For expert family law advice on financial arrangements during divorce please complete the online contact form or telephone 0161 710 2030 or 0161 509 6338 out of working hours

COVID-19 Update from Lindsay Jones

During these extraordinary times, I remain open for business and will be happy to help you should you require legal advice. In line with government advice, I will be working from home and can be contacted on 07917 711 887 or lindsay@lindsayjonesdivorcelawyer.co.uk.

I wish you all the very best. Stay safe and stay well.